After reading and pondering the debate about teens lacking adult reasoning capacity, yet being held to adult consequences, what do you think this means for you as a teacher?
I think, as a teacher, I need to teach students how to be mature, adult learners. I need to allow students to accept responsibility. Especially since I teach seniors for the most part, I think that I need to show them what it means to be as an adult. I also need to teach them reasoning and logic skills to some degree. I believe, in the second semester, that I need to be more strict about student deadlines. Rather than accepting late work, I need to, to some degree, have students turn things in on time. I need to determine; however, how to make consequences for student actions. I deal with Title I students, making these students a different population of students. Mainly, I am going to make sure these students learn responsibility and allow them to develop in their adult reasoning capacity.
No comments:
Post a Comment