Sunday, November 23, 2014

Lesson 5 Response

After watching the videos on Language and Reading, how does this information impact you as a teacher?


I believe that this information helps me as a teacher, because I truly believe that a lot of these students did not receive good training on reading, as well as language.  A lot of times, students do not seem to understand what I say the first time, so I have to repeat myself.  I believe that they did not receive good training, or for some reason, many struggled.  I believe some received the proper training; however, I believe a good number did not.  I believe that I can help them in certain aspects.  I am able to be patient with them, and explain to them what something means.  I also can try to help develop their skill sets (in at least limited fashion).  I believe that I can ensure to be there to help them, and understand that they are not coming from a place where their brains are fully developed.  While I believe it is possible, I believe that they did not have life easy (especially since I work with Title I students).

No comments:

Post a Comment