What does it mean to be relational as a teacher? How will you interact with your students to accomplish this?
According to Martin Haberman, in the book Star Teachers, connecting with kids (or being relational) is about "establishing a positive relationship with the students" (2005, p. 9).
I will interact with my students each day with students in mind. I will do my best to always try to connect with them, each day. I will teach; however, I will also attempt to make connections. According to the lesson, that is really important. I especially find this true in Title I schools. Being relational is about maintaining and establishing relationships. This means being relational with other teachers, with administration, with students, and with all others on the school campus. I will do my best to always care for the students. I will do my best to look after them, and make sure that their best interests are in the forefront of my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment